Monday, November 21, 2011

Hmm, I have a small lump under my skin... what can it be?

I'm a 19 yr old female with a small lump under my skin on my left shoulder. It's about .75 of a centimeter and a little purplish in color. But it's not the color of the lump itself but the skin on top of it is just discolored a little. It's perfectly round and is not a mole or wart or anything like that. I don't think it's a cancer because it's not irregularly shaped and isn't growing out of control.


My first thoughts were that it was a cyst or something that was in the skin for a long time and then it just started turning purple because there was old blood in it or something. Last night i took a needle and poked it fairly deep ( ouch!) and nothing came out! So now I am sitting here wondering... When i touch it it's kind of firm and does not hurt at all. Oh yeah and the skin on top of it is kind of wrinkly but yet smooth looking. So it's shiny in a way with soft wrinkles on them. Thanks for the incoming responses! :3

Hmm, I have a small lump under my skin... what can it be?
I had one in my upper arm. Had a biopsy done and found out it was just fat deposit. Very simple surgery took care of it. The surgery itself took less than 15 minutes, was out patient and painless.





Please have your doctor look at it right away. Something harmless has a potential to turn into something more serious if left alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment