Monday, November 21, 2011

Why has Mederma irritated my skin?

I've been using mederma for about 4 days now and today I discovered that the skin around my scar is a little irritated(red). If I stop using Mederma, will it go away. I has a mole removement over my lip and really don't like the scar at all. My folks say thats unoticeable but it is to me. Any advice is much appreciated.

Why has Mederma irritated my skin?
This is actually common, my husband was burned about a year ago and was using Neosporin (which is very similar to mederma) religiously and his skin became irritated, his plastic surgeon told him to continue use for another week until it became unbearable then to discontinue use and put a lotion on to soothe the irritation.
Reply:When I use a lotion I am allergic to, it takes using it 3-5 days before I start breaking out. My guess is that you are allergic to the lotion. Since the lotion is throughout the layers of skin, it will take a week or more for the reaction to stop.





GOOD LUCK!

china green

No comments:

Post a Comment