Thursday, July 22, 2010

Weird mole due to hormones/BC or skin cancer??

About a week ago I noticed that a mole I have had for as long as I can remember had turned slightly red around the edges and seemed like it was slightly growing/spreading out. The skin was not raised any more than usual, however about 2 days after the initial sight, it had like a tiny scab/dry spot that flaked off.





I am unsure why it has changed so suddenly. All of the research I have done shows that it may either be due to skin cancer (which I have a history of in my family) or hormonal changes (I started Birth Control about 3 weeks before I noticed the change).





I have consulted my doctor who can remove it, but she is unsure what the problem is. I can have it sent in for a biopsy, but I don't know if it is worth the money and effort, not to mention a noticeable scar.





Does anyone know if BC can cause such a sudden change? Is it harmful to me? Should I remove it and have the scar there if it is just the BC? I can't get into the dermatologist so I'm with a general practioner.

Weird mole due to hormones/BC or skin cancer??
I have alot of moles and have been on birth control for several years. The birth control has never affected my moles in any way. Is the mole on an area of your body that you may just have scratched it or clothing irritated it? If not you should really see your doctor. I have had two moles removed and sent for biopsy and they don't leave a huge scar. The scar to me actually looks better than the mole. If you have a history of skin cancer, you really should'nt play around with it. If you are worried about the cost of the biopsy, think about how much treatment could cost if it is skin cancer and you put off getting it treated? Good luck, hope everything works out for the best.
Reply:BC pills will not cause that. You need to see your doctor.


No comments:

Post a Comment