Monday, August 23, 2010

Have a flat black mole on my face any chance of skin damage with laser surgery need to know please?

help me before i have surgery

Have a flat black mole on my face any chance of skin damage with laser surgery need to know please?
I've had a couple of moles removed for testing because of a family history of skin cancer. None of them were lasered. They were cut completely out down to the root--the doctor made a kind of cone-shaped incision and then put in lots of tiny invisible stitches. (Local anesthesia.) The scar is red for a few months and then fades to almost nothing--you can see the scar in just the right light and angle but other than that I don't even need make-up to cover it.


I had another one that had to be cauterized but it wasn't on my face--that made an ugly scar and 15 years later it's still white and puckered and shiny although not as prominent.


Definitely ask your surgeon about different options for removing the mole and what kinds of scars they will leave. It depends on your skin type too--my skin tends to scar easily and make those lumpy "keloid" scars so I have to be very careful about surgery and injury.
Reply:Talk to the surgeon before surgery. He will tell you all the risks and side effects.


No comments:

Post a Comment